There are many great reasons to use a self-hosted version of WordPress for developing your website and blog.Â Here are my top 10:
- Google loves WordPress (and blogs in general) because search engines favor sites that have regularly created fresh content.Â See my post on SEO.
- WordPress is interactive.Â Visitors can comment on pages and posts.Â You can create a community around your business with your site.
- You can organize content with categories and visitors can view or subscribe to the categories they want to.
- You can automatically sync your content to social websites such as Facebook with the RSS feed.
- WordPress sites can be translatable into many languages.
- WordPress sites are easy to update (far easier than reglular html or Joomla).
- Multiple authors and editors can contribute to writing content and posting photos or video (you can DELEGATE!)
- You can add PayPal buttons or a shopping cart to monetize your site (you can MAKE MONEY!)
- You can embed video from YouTube easily (YouTube is second to Google as a search engine now!)
- WordPress is open-source and is constantly evolving (it’s always getting better!)
- OK one more: WordPress is easy to learn!
There are more advanced reasons that concern templates, tags and permalinks, but the 10 reasons listed above should satisfy most folks who need a fast and easy way to get their business website up and running.
Here is a screenshot of what WordPress looks like from the back-end:
Live in Nevada County and want to learn more about WordPress in person?Â Come to my free class.