Sign up here:
Take this free WordPress e-course with Cat and receive expert guidance on:
- Why learn WordPress (self-hosted)?
- What is WordPress and what are the differences between .com and .org?
- How do I purchase a domain name ($10/year), purchase hosting ($48/year) and install WordPress?
- Logging in, Exploring your Dashboard and Settings, Using the Admin Bar and Creating Users
- Adding Pages and Posts for your Blog (and what is the difference between them?)
- Installing a Theme and What is a Theme?
- Formatting Content and Adding Links
- Adding Menus
- Adding a Plugin and What is a Plugin?
- Backing up with BackupBuddy
- Keeping your website updated
- Make your site secure
- Block spam and Manage Comments
- Contact forms, stats and social sharing buttons
- Make your site load fast with a caching plugin
- Make your images web-friendly for your media library
“I want to thank Cat for her extraordinary guidance in teaching me to use Word Press to create my own web site. The Level One online class is clear and concise and covers just the right information to get me started. I am now on to Level 2 and can’t wait for Level 3!!” – Cathleen Carmichael