WordPress security is a prominent topic since WordPress has become so popular and therefore the target of would-be hackers.
There are some quick and easy steps you need to take to keep your website secure. Fortunately, the free iThemes Security plugin makes it really easy and fast to lock your site down.
Follow these simple steps:
- Install the free iThemes security plugin from your dashboard. Review my post on installing a plugin if you need a refresher.
- Find the new Security menu item towards the bottom of the left sidebar of your dashboard.
- Click on Security Check or Settings.
- Run the wizard to configure the core settings.
You may also want to check out the Pro Version for more features.
Here are some of the cool things the free version of iThemes Security can do to secure your WordPress site:
- Automatically lock out bad users after too many failed login attempts
- Provide protection from Brute Force Attacks
- Rename the default â€˜Adminâ€™ user account
- Enforce strong passwords for all accounts
- Monitor files for unauthorized changes
This tutorial is part of a series of e-courses created by Cat Scholz to empower you with using the self-hosted version of WordPress to achieve your internet marketing goals. Get more information and/or sign up:
Checkout Level 1 (free)
Checkout Level 2 (on sale)
Checkout Level 3 (on sale)